So often, companies will try to add video to their marketing campaigns, without success. When marketing with video, there are some key steps that you cannot skip. Our Saskatoon App Developers want to help you achieve the highest level of success when it comes to using marketing with video. Check out our first post in this series to help you understand everything that using video encompasses. There is no exact formula for creating video content that goes viral, but there is a definite science behind it. Let’s take a look at some great starting points when it comes to researching, brainstorming and developing your content.
Defining Your Target Audience
As with any project, you need to research your demographic. What use would it be to create a video that doesn’t actually target someone or something? It is so very important to pay close attention to who your audience is, what their interests are and what problems they need solving. This information is a lot easier to find these days, due to tools like Google Analytics and Facebook Insights. Using demographic tools like these are extremely important to the success of your video creation(s). Not only would these define your target ages, genders, and interests but these tools also help you see where their trending interests are and what they’ve liked and shared on social media platforms.
Creating High Performing Content
Figuring all of this out and doing the proper research can enable you to create the best content, ultimately attracting them to your brand. So let’s explore some ideas around generating an exceptional video marketing approach that will perform and get your customers engaged and remain loyal to your business.
- Research your competitors top-performing content by using the demographic tools, as we mentioned above, or by other programs designed to filter search results for your specific ideas.
- Ask your customers via social media platforms or provide a feedback survey, what they expect from you, what they think will improve your brand, and any other questions you feel will help you create responsive, impactful and thoughtful video marketing content.
- Leverage social media by paying close attention to the conversations your consumers are having when it comes to your products and services. Setting up keyword alerts is a great idea to keep apprised of trending reviews and conversations surrounding your brand. This tool can also be used to track popular content related to your content ideas.
Using The Right Equipment
When it comes to cameras, microphones, lighting and video editing software, there are so many options available. Budget, studio space, on location rentals are all obvious factors when it comes to the costs and range of equipment that will be right for you. Again, we recommend that you do the right research to figure out your options. With that said, our app development team has a few tips to get started with capturing audio and video:
- Camera – if you don’t have a DSLR camera on hand, you can always invest in a camcorder or even use your mobile device to capture some really great footage.
- Microphone – capturing audio is a key factor to a successful online video. Whether you are using a lavaliere or a stand alone mic, remember that audio can make or break a video and it’s important to invest in the right option for your needs.
- Lighting is an area where you can use your creativity. Look around your office space, use big lamps or set up recording by large windows for natural look. There are many resources for great lighting set ups online, so again, do some research to get the best suggestions for your content.
- Editing Software can be accessed through free programs or through paid subscriptions or software packages. The Adobe Creative suite can be subscribed to on a monthly basis and includes multiple programs for editing video and adding special effects. There are also free programs offered through the Windows and Mac platforms that will give you great results with your end goals for your video marketing project.
In closing, we hope these ideas will help start the ball rolling during your planning stages for creating the very best video marketing strategy and, check out our next post for more ideas for what types of video to consider. Do you have an incredible app idea or want to know more about incorporating video into your existing app? If you have any questions or wish to discuss your app a bit further, visit the Contact section of our website. Our team would love to chat with you about we can turn your app idea into a reality. We build more than apps, we build businesses.